Monday, April 22, 2019

Almond Flour Biscuits


I can’t take credit for this absolutely phenomenal recipe. The credit goes to Gourmet Girl Cooks. I adapted it only slightly.  These biscuits are so good that every time I go to look for her blog I accidentally type in Genius Girl Cooks instead of Gourmet!  I prefer recipes to have at most a cup and a half of almond flour.  Anymore than that and I am seriously reluctant to try them.  So the recipe below makes 4 breakfast sized biscuits.  I think the original recipe will make 10.   Anyway, make them this way, make them her way, just make them because I am not kidding when I say you will cry tears of joy when you taste them!

I can’t take credit for this absolutely phenomenal recipe. The credit goes to Gourmet Girl Cooks. I adapted it only slightly.  These biscuits are so good that every time I go to look for her blog I accidentally type in Genius Girl Cooks instead of Gourmet!  I prefer recipes to have at most a cup and a half of almond flour.  Anymore than that and I am seriously reluctant to try them.  So the recipe below makes 4 breakfast sized biscuits.  I think the original recipe will make 10.   Anyway, make them this way, make them her way, just make them because I am not kidding when I say you will cry tears of joy when you taste them! 

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
  • 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
  • 3 tbsp diced cold butter
  • 1 egg

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Whisk together dry ingredients. (Almond flour, salt, pepper, and baking powder)
  3. Mash your butter into the almond flour until it's crumbly sandy mix. (Use a pastry cutter if you have one or a rubber spatula).